NEW BRAKE LINES. PROBLEM WITH BRAND NEW CALIPER GRABBING

1993 Saturn SL2

blackboy454

August, 13, 2012 AT 4:29 AM

Slammed on the brakes to avoid a deer, brake pedal went down to the floor and I ruptured a rear brake line. Replaced the entire line from the resevor to both rear calipers, checked for leaks over 4 times. And the passenger side which has a brand new caliper does not grab. And the pedal still goes down abnormally far for a brand new brake system. Bled all the lines 3 times, even bled the master. Any ideas?

carolinacarconnection

August, 13, 2012 AT 4:42 AM

Did you start bleading at the longest line with is right rear and then left rear then right front and fished up with the left front?

saturntech9

August, 13, 2012 AT 5:51 AM

Just to add to this one the problem your having is a low pedal?It wont pump up if you pump it a few times?Are your rear brakes adjusted up correctly?You can actually loose the brake pedal height and braking all together from the rear brakes being too far out of adjustment on those cars.

saturntech9

August, 13, 2012 AT 5:58 AM

You have abs on that car I didnt see it had four wheel disc when I posted my answer. If you do your supposed to run the the abs pistons up in the home position before starting to bleed the brakes. Then bleed the abs modulator on the master cylinder. Then rr Lr rf and Lf calipers.

blackboy454

August, 13, 2012 AT 7:29 PM

Being as I am a car novice, and I am having help with the car. What is the abs piston and what is the home position?

saturntech9

August, 13, 2012 AT 7:51 PM

Do you see you modulator attached to the master cylinder?Now do you see the black plastic cover on the bottom of it?Under that cover are the pistons that keeps the wheels from locking Also long time no talk by the way.

blackboy454

August, 13, 2012 AT 11:34 PM

Yes long time no talk. Just goes to show u car was running good after all that work that was done to it. Til now. I see the black box under where the steel lines connect to the master, but I am unable to get to the box at present time. I only took a quick look and didnt have a lot of time to attempt to get at it. Working 2 jobs and full time school means very limited tinker time. Im currently getting around on a motorcycle but alas a motorcycle doesnt provide much protection at all from the rain.

saturntech9

August, 14, 2012 AT 3:28 AM

I used to only have a motor cycle and had to ride rain or shine so I know what thats like. There is nothing to get at I will get you some more info later.

blackboy454

August, 14, 2012 AT 4:08 PM

I feel at a loss and a little too much like a novice with how many questions I feel compelled to ask. But hopefully the end result will be my car back on the road. Thanks louie.

saturntech9

August, 15, 2012 AT 11:52 PM

More info to come.

saturntech9

August, 16, 2012 AT 12:02 AM

I just posted the two wires for the rear motor/piston so you can unplug the motor pack and jump power and ground to those two wires to run the piston up then down when done bleeding. Heres the problem I dont know which way to run the power for each position.I have always just used the tech1 because I had one at the dealers I worked.

Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement