HOW DO I RESET MY COMPUTER ON MY CAR?

• coldsteel9mm
  • 1993 Pontiac Grand Am

How do I reset my computer on my car?

Saturday, December 22nd, 2012 AT 11:55 PM

• ASEMaster6371

What is the issue? This is only done after a repair is done. Re setting it fixes nothing.

Sunday, December 23rd, 2012 AT 12:00 AM
  • coldsteel9mm

Replaced plugs and wires, fuel filter, fuel relay, fuel regulator, idle air sensor and MAF sensor and battery. It starts and runs but after about 30 minutes or so it stalls but starts again, runs for 30 minutes and dies, not sure what else to do.

Sunday, December 23rd, 2012 AT 12:41 AM
  • M_H_RITZEL

After you have replaced the parts, with a 93 you can reset the computer by disconnecting the negative side of the battery and leaving it off for a while. Then replace it back on the negative terminal. On most cars the computer will not reset until driven about 30 miles. If the problem is still there then you will have it scanned and have parts replaced that comes up on the codes. Then the garage will reset the computer. As ASEmaster6371 states if the problem is not fixed the computer will continue to read problem

Tuesday, December 25th, 2012 AT 4:29 PM