Won't start

LARYPAUL
  • 1993 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE
Charged the battery and lights come on but nothing when I turn the ignition. No sound at all.
Sunday, September 27th, 2015 AT 8:47 AM

Read the guides below, they will help you figure this out

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/starter-not-working-repair

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Attached below is the wiring diagram for your starting circuit, combined with the guides you should be able to get it fixed
Sunday, September 27th, 2015 AT 9:17 AM
ALUTTRELL90
  • 1993 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE
1993 Pontiac Bonneville 6 cyl Automatic 152000 miles

I have a 93 Pontiac Bonneville and one day it wouldn't start. The starter was spinning but the solenoid would not engage. We replaced the solenoid and now it engages, but the car still won't start. The battery is fine and no fuses were blown. What else should we check?
Monday, October 22nd, 2018 AT 5:02 PM (Merged)
If its cranking over and will not start-could be fuel or spark problem

Disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
HOFFMAN80
  • 1997 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE
I just bought a Pontiac Bonneville ssei 3.8 with supercharge and now it will not start. It turns over like it wants to, but won't start. It does not appear that the engine is getting fuel. I tried replacing the fuel filter, but that did not help. Also put in fuel additives to clean out but still nothing. Is this my fuel pump and if so, how hard is it to replace? Is it better to take to repair shop and if so, how costly is that?
Do you hear the fuel pump when you turn key to run? If so check the fuel pressure if its within specification-No pressure the fuel pump defective. if you don't hear the pump could be the fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if these 2 checks out could be the computer fuel pump relay controlled circuit.

Quotes
Varies with location labor ranges between $70.00-$130.00 per hr.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_fuel_pump_24.jpg

HOFFMAN80
Yes I can hear the fuel pump when the key is in the on position. There does not seem to be enough fuel pressure. This is leading me to fuel pump assumption. Also, after my key was in the on position for a while, there was a fairly loud vibrating noise coming from the rear area sort of below the rear passenger seat.
Could be the fuel pump making the racket under there

Check the fuel pressure it should be 48-55psi
2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
  • 1997 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE
1997 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8 mileage 125,000. My wife was driving our car, when at a stoplight our car stalled. She could not start it again.&Nbsp;The problem I am having is the car is turning over but it will not start! I've tried several different techniques such as checking battery cables and terminals, checking spark plugs for spark, I've replaced the crankshaft sensor, and I replaced the 3-pack coil that sits on top of the ignition module, but come to find out that that was not the problem, so I returned the part for my money back. Tomorrow I am going to change my spark plugs just in case, but if that does not start it, I am lost. I will probably take it to a shop for a diagnostic test if all else fails. I would greatly appreciate it if you could lead me into the right direction.
2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
We always scan the computer for trouble codes first. We recommend a scanner that is easy to use and is very inexpensive. Here are some other things to have checked: 1. Check to see if the timing belt/chain has failed, 2. Check for ignition spark at spark plugs, 3. Check for fuel pressure. 4. Check Cylinder compression.
-1
GUILLITO
  • 1995 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE
1995 Pontiac Bonneville 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

car turns over but wont give juice to spark pugs, changed the coil pack but its not the problem
Check and test the ICM and the CPS
CJCOBB62@YAHOO.COM
  • 1996 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE
1996 Pontiac Bonneville 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I was driving my car and when I left a stop light it just shut down. It turned over but would not start, I have had people tell me it's the fuel pump, others have said the timing. One of the times when I tried to start I heard a pop. Now I don't have a clue, and I need my car for work.
Lets do below for a start to determine if its fuel or spark related issue and get back with some results

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
-1
MYSTIC1987
  • 1994 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE
1994 Pontiac Bonneville 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic

we try to start car today it wouldnt start no lights came on nothing at all. We replaced a battery but not new charged it and still haveing car problems what could it be?
The battery you instaled. Does anyting electrical work?
MYSTIC1987
Ok well my fault he did but a NEW battery for it today my husband say's the light's to come on head lights and interior light's. But what ever is going on for the car not to start. He said that when he pushes the button to roll window DOWN it goes Up. And when he pushes it Up it goes Down it's wiered. WHat could cause that problem whatever that is making the window's do that that might be the results of why the car wont start? Where could he check to get the car to start and the windows not to do that. Windows never ever did that just today plzz help us
It sounds like the polarity is reversed. Did you connect the battery correctly? Also, did he notice any major sparks when attaching the battery?
MYSTIC1987
Battery is installed correctly but the window's what would actually cause this?And no sparks that I know of. If it was polarity reversed would that still explain why the car wont start. He said everything comes on like headlights and dash lights and interior lights stay on? He has to disconnect the terminal's.I love my car I just need to find out what we could possibly do to get it to run
BIGJIMMIE
  • 1998 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE
Car wont start:

1. Had it tested, technician sad the starter was bad.
2. Replaced the starter with a rebuilt one.

3. Car wont start.

4. Used a battery booster and the car started.

5. The next morning the car wont start.

6. Took the battery out and replaced it with a new one.

7. The car still wont start.

8. Ran a jumper wire from the starter solenoid switch direct to the battery turn on the ignition switch, made contact to the battery with the jumper wire, but starter did not make a sound.
MYSTIC1987
Polarity is a BAttery if so it is connected the right way but what do u think is making it not to start battery is good he said alternator is good starter is good is there a wire?That maybe crossed over making the car not to be able to start?