93 WON'T ACCELERATE UP HILL, SQUEALS

1993 Plymouth Voyager

Comerfjc

August, 25, 2011 AT 2:34 AM

My gal was driving our 93 Plymouth Voyager back over to our house and while trying to accelerate, said that it started making a squealing noise. She continued driving and noted that it was starting to have trouble accelerating. She pulled over and shut the engine off for a little bit. She then started it back up and continue driving. When applying gas on a hill, it wouldn't accelerate up hill at all. Any idea what this might be?

August, 25, 2011 AT 2:36 AM

Start by having the exhaust system checked for restriction

Comerfjc

August, 27, 2011 AT 1:07 AM

UPDATE: We took it out for a very short test drive today around the neighborhood, so I could see what it was doing myself. After about a minute of driving, it started to make the squealing noise (almost a whining noise), and it was like the van went into neutral. We put it into reverse, lower gears, you name it, and would rev it, but no movement at all. I'll get the exhaust system checked, however.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i