TIMING CHAIN GASKET & INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET SET REPLACEMENT

1993 Oldsmobile Ciera

cher

April, 7, 2011 AT 2:58 AM

I have a anti coolant leak that shows up on top of motor and a leak near the coolant reservoir. Was told I need a intake manifold gasket set and a timing chain gasket set. Is this repair worth doing? Does these part mean I need a vehicle because the motor is going bad? I have over 250,000 on a 93olds cutless circa.

April, 7, 2011 AT 3:01 PM

No, replacing gaskets is not uncommon. You have to compare the cost of repair vs the cost of buying another vehicle. Those decisions are yours to make. I wouldn't replace a vehicle because of a gasket, if that is the only problem.

cher

April, 7, 2011 AT 4:04 PM

Thank you for the reply. My car runs very good, wanted to make sure I was not wasting money on a situation that was just a cover for something far more worst like my motor going bad. The cost for the repairs is going to cost $527.00 this includes labor, parts and tax. I would rather fix this common problem than to have to come up with a lot more money for another vehicle, that is not available at this time. Again thank you. Your answer was very helpful.

April, 7, 2011 AT 5:05 PM

You could ask around two or three different shops, get a repair estimate. See if they are all about the same price?

Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes Benz