I HAVE A 83 NISSAN PULSAR Q

1993 Nissan Pulsar

Spudinski

January, 8, 2013 AT 12:57 AM

I have a 83 Nissan pulsar q. Months ago it had a rattling noise I got it checked by 2 mechanics who told me it was the alternator. The owner of the car who lives interstate got her dad to replace the bracket on the alternator and seems the problem was fixed. Going back to end of November wary December the car when started was having a power surge. It would start and then sometimes not even go at all. Eventually it stopped going all together wouldn't turn over at all. I got a new battery put in this morning and had it booked in for a alternator later on however it still won't start. The battery guy seems to think its the starter motor. I'm now confused ! Any help?

Jacobandnickolas

January, 8, 2013 AT 1:00 AM

You need to check to see if the starter is getting power before you decide to replace the starter. Have a helper turn the key to the start position while you check for power to the smaller wire on the starter. You should have 12v. If you do, then chances are the starter is bad. If there is no power, then you have to check all connections, starter relay, ignition switch.

Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide