IVE RETRIEVED CODES FROM THE ECM AND IT SAYS ...

1993 Nissan Altima

boisemike

February, 20, 2011 AT 12:07 AM

I've retrieved codes from the ecm and it says knock sensor and vehicle speed sensor. This is a 1993 nissan altima and in the chiltons manual it doesn't tell me where to find or test these. Where are they/ How do I test them? Thanks Mike

mhpautos

February, 20, 2011 AT 12:16 AM

Knock sensors can be check you watching a timing mark and tapping the engine with a hammer on the block, the vibration should be picked up by the sensor and the timing mark should alter, I have no test at hand for a speed sensor, but if both are giving a code, I would do a code re set and see if they come up a second time, if so I would be replacing them. I will have to check a reference for both locations. Can I have the code for the speed sensor.

boisemike

February, 23, 2011 AT 2:58 AM

Code was 14 and 34. I'm inclined to believe the knock sensor is bad, I just don't know where it is, do you?

mhpautos

February, 23, 2011 AT 4:05 AM

It will be on the block at the rear of the motor (fire wall side) in the middle and it will be round and bolted through the center, (normally)

mark (mhpautos)