1. Raise and support vehicle. Remove tire and wheel assembly. Using needle-nose pliers, remove parking brake return spring. Loosen parking brake cable housing adjusting nut. Remove cable housing from bracket on lower control arm. Loosen parking brake cable bracket-to-caliper attaching bolt. Remove parking brake cable from caliper.
2. Remove lower caliper retaining bolt. Pivot caliper upward on upper caliper guide pin. Remove brake pad retaining spring, pads and shims. Label anchor plate clip location for installation to original location. If replacing rear brake pads only, reverse removal procedure to install. If removing caliper, proceed to next step.
3. Remove attaching clip from brake flex hose. Remove flex hose banjo bolt from caliper and discard copper washers. Remove lower caliper retaining bolt. Using a cold chisel, remove upper caliper guide pin dust cap. Using an Allen wrench, remove upper caliper guide pin. Lift caliper off rotor.
1. To install, fit brake pads and shims into caliper anchor plate. Remove upper guide pin and lower guide pin bushing from caliper. Remove guide pin and guide pin bushing dust boots. Lubricate upper guide pin and lower guide pin bushing with Disc Brake Caliper Slide Grease (D7AZ-19590-A).
2. To complete installation, reverse removal procedure. To fit caliper over new brake pads, it may be necessary to rotate caliper piston into caliper bore. Use NEW copper washers on flex hose. Bleed brakes, and then pump brake pedal several times to seat pads.