I HAVE A 93 MAZADA PICKUP TRUCK AND IT WILL NOT ...

1993 Mazda b2600

Anonymous

November, 1, 2012 AT 11:55 PM

I have a 93 Mazada pickup truck and it will not turn over. When I turn the ignition on, I get a ticking sound from my gas tank. I have replaced the pump and tank but still not getting a hum from my pump just a ticking sound. Truck will not start.

caradiodoc

November, 2, 2012 AT 1:31 AM

Are you diagnosing a cranking problem or a crank but no-start problem? If the engine doesn't turn over, (crank), of course it can't be expected to start and run. If the starter is not cranking the engine, taking into consideration the second symptom, most likely not directly related, I would be looking at the battery and charging system. Use an inexpensive digital voltmeter to measure the battery voltage. It must be 12.6 volts. If you find closer to 12.2 volts, it is good but discharged. If it's around 11 volts, it has a shorted cell and must be replaced.

Charge the battery if necessary, then once the engine is running, measure the battery voltage again. It must be between 13.75 and 14.75 volts. If it is low, suspect the generator or the voltage regulator.

Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Starter Replacement