Which is the high pressure supply line at the fuel rail?

LINCOLNMAN
  • 1993 LINCOLN TOWN CAR

Can't follow the fuel lines up to the rail all the way, so it is almost impossible to tell which line from the rear goes to which side.

Sunday, April 1st, 2012 AT 10:08 PM

ASEMASTER6371

The inside diameter is larger on the supply line.

Sunday, April 1st, 2012 AT 10:13 PM
LINCOLNMAN

Thanks. I appreciate your response very much. I found that the two lines look exactly the same from the outside. I was hoping one could tell by whether it was the one closer to the front of the engine or the one toward the back of the rail. The pressure regulator is not directly connected to either one, so that did not help. I just didn't want to take them apart or cut a line to tell.

Monday, April 2nd, 2012 AT 12:06 AM
ASEMASTER6371

Why are you cutting them? They separate easily with a tool for collapsing the spring.

Monday, April 2nd, 2012 AT 12:09 AM
LINCOLNMAN

First, poor people don't have money for special tools. Second, the lines are rusting out and leaking. Am replacing them with proper high pressure hose for the supply and regular fuel hose for the return. Like I mentioned, can't follow them up the area between the frame rail and the engine compartment. Afraid to get them reversed.

Monday, April 2nd, 2012 AT 1:56 AM
ASEMASTER6371

Ok, there are repair kits for the lines but due to high pressure and fuel, regular hose will not hold. This is from expierence.
The tools are plastic and run under 10 at a parts store. You can rent them by paying for them and then get your money back when you return them.

Monday, April 2nd, 2012 AT 2:08 AM
LINCOLNMAN

Right, you've got to use high pressure fuel injector system hose for the supply line.

Still don't know which line to put it on. Can follow the line from the fuel filter only so far.

Monday, April 2nd, 2012 AT 4:04 AM