LOST OF POWER,ROUGH IDLE & WHEN GIVING IT GAS RPM'S DROP

1993 Lexus GS 300

terrell brandon

September, 19, 2011 AT 10:46 PM

I was diving one day doing 60mph and all of sudden I could not accelerate and lost power coming from emission test that I passed. Ive just had a full tune up change mass air sensor no change, still no power and rough idle.

Jacobandnickolas

September, 20, 2011 AT 12:32 AM

Check catalytic converter for plugging, check for vacuum leaks, check fuel pump pressure.

terrell brandon

September, 20, 2011 AT 1:02 AM

When I unplug the mass air flow sensor it idle & run the mass air flow is new out the box the second one I took the first one back because their was no change

ronsellers

September, 23, 2011 AT 6:25 PM

It is your ECU Module. Probably got hit by severe heat. Typically it is the capacitors that need replacement on the board (less than $2) but you need a TV repair place to solder the new caps on board. $20 generally. The problem is finding where it is. This was ask before but was not answered. Instead they said check the battery cables. Lol

ronsellers

September, 23, 2011 AT 6:26 PM

Do this work?

ronsellers

September, 23, 2011 AT 6:29 PM

You could not accelerate because to ECU dropped you into Limp mode. You will need to downshift to run the car.

terrell brandon

September, 23, 2011 AT 6:57 PM

I will try that what do it look like & where is it located

terrell brandon

October, 1, 2011 AT 6:34 PM

Once agian same problem; now changed the ecu, full tune, checked the cats new vac hoses new mass air flow sensor and also change the complet throttle body & cleaned it car still wont idle rpms are low

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma