HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE INJECTORS OUT OF THIS THROTTLE BODY ENGINE AND CLEAN THEM.

1993 GMC Van

wjeagle

April, 3, 2012 AT 3:46 AM

I would like to know how you remove the injectors out of this throttle body engine and clean them, and if the right injector should be pouring fuel out of it when the van is first fired up.

Throttle Body

Throttle Body Connection

1 IMAGE

saturntech9

April, 3, 2012 AT 3:50 AM

You would be better off running a cleaner thru them. Does the engine run?

wjeagle

April, 3, 2012 AT 4:01 AM

Yes, the engine runs, it is in a 1993 GMC Vandura 2500. The engine is not getting good fuel mileage and so I pulled the air breather assembly, down to the throttle body injectors. When I start it up, the injector on the right is acting like a water faucet with a drip instead of spraying, once the r.P.M. Is raised, it will spray somewhat, but lobs (running like a water faucet running) The one on the left is spraying like I think it should. That is the reason I assumed that the right one might be leaking through and needed to be cleaned or replaced.

saturntech9

April, 3, 2012 AT 4:18 AM

I wouldnt bother taking it off unless your going to change it better to clean it by running cleaner thru it. You have it cleaned professionaly cleaned by a shop hooking up a pressure canister and running the engine off some injector cleaner. Which is the best way to clean them or run some good injector cleaner thru the gas tank.I would do the pressure canister if it was mine though.

wjeagle

April, 3, 2012 AT 4:29 AM

Is it "normal" for the injectors to drip, instead of spraying fuel when the vehicle is idling? That is what it is doing on the right injector.

saturntech9

April, 3, 2012 AT 4:36 AM

No it should be a fine mist you have a clogged injector or a bad injector.I would try to clean it first.

wjeagle

April, 3, 2012 AT 4:47 AM

I will try to clean it first. Do the injectors both have the same part #? And If I do have a bad injector is there a injector that allow for better fuel mileage? Right now I am averaging about 10 m.P.G.

saturntech9

April, 3, 2012 AT 3:38 PM

Iam not sure if there both the same part number I would say they should be. Go to www. Rockauto. Com and see if they are. As far as replacing them I would just go with a stock one the computer control how much fuel the engine gets.I would say taking care of this injector is is going to make a impact on your mileage. But a lo of things affect fuel. Economy.

Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500