Here are the removal and installation procedures. Hope it is helpful.
Removal & Installation
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove air cleaner. Disconnect Throttle Valve (T.V.) Cable from throttle linkage, if equipped. Raise and support vehicle. Drain transmission fluid. Disconnect shift linkage. Mark rear drive shaft for installation reference and remove from vehicle. Mark front drive shaft and remove from transfer case, if equipped.
2. Relieve fuel pressure, and remove fuel lines. Remove support bracket at catalytic converter. Support transmission with transmission jack. Remove transmission crossmember.
NOTE: DO NOT stretch or damage any cables, wires or other component when lowering transmission.
3. Lower transmission far enough to provide clearance for other components. Remove dipstick tube and seal. Cover opening in transmission. Remove speedometer harness and vacuum modulator line, if equipped. Remove electrical connectors from transmission. Remove
cooler lines, and cap all openings.
4. Remove transfer case shifter and move it aside, if equipped. Remove transmission support braces. Note location of braces for installation. Remove converter housing cover. Mark flexplate and torque converter alignment. Remove flexplate-to-torque converter bolts.
NOTE: Support engine with jack or hoist before disconnecting transmission.
5. Remove transmission-to-engine bolts. Note location of any brackets or clips and move them aside. Slide transmission straight back, off locating pins, and install Converter Holding Strap (J-21366). Remove transmission from vehicle.
6. To install, reverse removal procedure. Torque converter must be against flexplate and rotate freely by hand. Ensure all reference marks align. Tighten all bolts to specification, and fill
transmission with fluid.
Sunday, February 20th, 2011 AT 3:54 PM