FRONT END OF MY K1500 BOUNCES REAL BAD.

1993 GMC Sierra

Kdwhelan

February, 4, 2012 AT 1:57 AM

I put in new leveling kit in. The torsion key one. I also put new rancho 1-4 inch lift shocks in front. The frontend bounces real bad and when I hit anykind of bump hole or what ever it seems like I hit a monster hole or bump. I had to run my torsion bars pretty high to level out. You think mabie there two high and if so what can I do to keep the lift hight and lower keys/

February, 4, 2012 AT 2:16 AM

There may be no happy medium for this. Did you change the pitman arm to compensate for the lift kit?

Kdwhelan

February, 4, 2012 AT 2:17 AM

Know should I and what would I need to get exactly.

February, 4, 2012 AT 2:52 AM

When you lift the truck, the entire geometry has changed. You need to check with the company that provided you the kit and get the correct pitman arm for the lift. Get it installed and aligned and it should be better, not perfect but better. Lifting these units will always result in handling issues when you vary away from original specs.

Kdwhelan

February, 4, 2012 AT 2:59 AM

Ok thanks I will do that.

Kdwhelan

February, 4, 2012 AT 4:05 AM

I bought them off ebay. Where could I look for some? Are they made for lifted trucks? What about control arms?

jmcdaniel

February, 7, 2012 AT 4:01 AM

The front end of a stock k1500 uses the rubber bump stops as some of the suspension. A stock truck at ride height will already be touching the stops. They sell extenders

Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars