ROLLING A SQUEAKY KIND OF SPINNING SOUND

1993 Geo Storm

jojorisin

January, 31, 2012 AT 8:43 AM

93 geo storm. When its rolling there's a squeaky kind of spinning sounding noise, left side from the wheel to under the hood. Is ti my speedo or odom cable(s). Sounds like a spinning thing

I can't see anything looking under by the left wheel. Nothings loose at wheel. But after I'm driving it gets noisier. Like a squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak

rivermikerat

January, 31, 2012 AT 8:56 AM

It could be a lower control arm bushing or a hub bearing drying out.

jojorisin

January, 31, 2012 AT 9:25 AM

Thank you, that will be the first thing I check. JoJoRisin

rivermikerat

January, 31, 2012 AT 9:44 AM

Let me know what you discover. Look for cracks in the bushings. Use a screwdriver or prybar to check for excess play.

jojorisin

February, 1, 2012 AT 4:42 AM

I'm taking it to my buddy's place 2morrow. Suspend the front wheels , put it in gear and listen to my poor car cry. You Don't think it could be the speed. Or odometer cables, maybe one or both are all unwound or loose on the inside. The gauges work. Thanks so much for yer time.

rivermikerat

February, 1, 2012 AT 5:28 AM

Speedometer and odometer work off an electronic sensor, the vehicle speed sensor. It's electronic.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang
 Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Ignition System Test Guide