CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON

1993 Ford Ranger

Reedbone

March, 14, 2012 AT 12:39 AM

I have a 1993 ford and I was. Driving and my check engine light come on now it run a lil rough cranks up but have to give a lil gas and dosent wanna run at idle im drive or park I changed fuel filter and air filter I was wondering what it could be it. I stomped on gas then check engine light came on I replaced fuel and air filter I put fuel additive in think maybe a vacuum leak. I just changed oil so any help plz

DrCranknWrench

March, 14, 2012 AT 12:47 AM

You might want to check the fuel pressure.

Reedbone

March, 15, 2012 AT 2:04 AM

I checked everything I put new wires new plugs new filter new oil and a new ecp valve nth has seem to work it idle low and wants to stall and worse in gear. Maybe clogged maf or something I checked all vacuum leaks none. Any ideas

March, 15, 2012 AT 2:53 AM

Go to a an auto parts store and have the computer scanned for code/s if any present-post them so we can unshackle it

Reedbone

March, 15, 2012 AT 2:56 AM

Already did today is said it passed no codes at all so I dont have a clue

March, 15, 2012 AT 4:41 AM

But To Give Gas Dosent Wanna At? What is it doing when you stomp on it-bogs and then picks up or stalls out? Give us more to work with so we can knock this out and move on to the next phase

Reedbone

March, 15, 2012 AT 11:07 AM

It runs fine when I stomp on it and it dosent bogg or anything only when im idleing or taking off it sputters a lil when im in the sweet spot for the gas

March, 15, 2012 AT 11:29 AM

Check/test the TPS and MAF sensors

Reedbone

March, 15, 2012 AT 11:34 AM

Would cleaning the maf help maybe or un plug it and see if it runs any better?

March, 15, 2012 AT 3:51 PM

Try cleaning the MAF and see what happens-unplugging it and it runs better the problem is still there-

Reedbone

March, 15, 2012 AT 4:37 PM

I cleaned it and when I took it off it was really clean no debris dirt or anything was in it now I think only other thing is throttle positing sensor?