I HAVE STRIPPED THE BRACKET THAT HOLDS THE BELT TENSIONER PULLEY

1993 Ford F-150

jasonpyzo

December, 7, 2011 AT 11:03 PM

On a 93 ford f-150 the serpentine belt tensioner pulley assembly is racked and kept shredding belts. I put a new tensioner on and it was still racked, so I had to replace the bracket the alt. Is on because the tensioner is bolted to it to and the hole was stripped. There is probably only 2500 miles on the new parts. I was wondering if they have a different bracket or an insert where the tensioner bolt in and not in the aluminum bracket

saturntech9

December, 7, 2011 AT 11:12 PM

Where did you buy the tensior?What brand was it?Also what size engine do you have?

jasonpyzo

December, 8, 2011 AT 12:58 AM

I got the tensior at auto zone, don't remember what brand and got the bracket at the dealer. The motor is a 302

saturntech9

December, 8, 2011 AT 3:39 AM

So did the bracket or the tenisor fail?

jasonpyzo

December, 8, 2011 AT 2:18 PM

I haven't taken it off to see, but it's doing the same thing it did before. Where the pulley is not alined, it's getting a little cocked. So when I took it off last time the tensior pullet bearing was bad and the hole in the bracket where the tensior bolts in was out of round and the bolt was sloppy in the hole. Even when I put the new parts on, the tensior pulley wasn't 100% square. I couldn't get it running true, it was off a little. It seems like a poor design on the tensior. I have put a few on and I never had one that the spring on it does't fit in there that well and it's not internal. The spring also pushes outward when you are bolting it in, which seems weird.

saturntech9

December, 8, 2011 AT 8:34 PM

If the bracket is factory and the tenisor isnt fitting correctly I would suspect the tenisor is having the fit issues.I have ran into issues with the aftermarket tenisors being low quailty and not performing correctly.

saturntech9

December, 8, 2011 AT 8:40 PM

You can get a factory motor craft tenisor for about 46 on amazon with free shipping BT-37 part number.I would go with a factory one especially since its cheaper then the auto zone one.

Air Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW X5
Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Oil and Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250