Trucks been mesed up for long time

JUDOJOE
  • 1993 FORD EXPLORER
  • 2 MILES
OK so I bought a 1993 ford explore with a v6 4.0, when I got it we found out one problem was the fuel pump had a huge hole in the feeding tube. Fixed that but it was still not getting over 3 rpms and stalling out, and jumping to higher rpms and jumping back down all at the same time my foot was to the floor and I was steady losing speed. So then I replaced the mas Flo, idle air motor, and the other one there that regulates the throttle. Also I change the fuel filter and it has half a tune up but still problems. Till I got a code reader ran on it then all my problem magically disapered till now there back and I have no clue what is wrong. I am also getting a strange gurgling from the fuel tank when my fuel pump turns on? I need help. Oh code reader only said it was getting improper throttle response but no reason why.
Saturday, May 26th, 2012 AT 11:37 PM

ASEMASTER6371
Forget the code reader. Obd 1 was very general failures.

You should have replace the fuel pump. It sounds like your pressure is too low. Did you check the actual pressure with a gauge?

Saturday, May 26th, 2012 AT 11:42 PM
JUDOJOE
I did replace the fuel pump its brand new and I do not know how to check the fuel pressure nor do I have a gauge for it and whats the right pressure
Sunday, May 27th, 2012 AT 1:39 AM
JUDOJOE
Oh wher can I get a gauge
Sunday, May 27th, 2012 AT 1:39 AM
ASEMASTER6371
40-45 lbs. You can rent one at a parts store.

Did you replace the whole unit or just the pump?

Sunday, May 27th, 2012 AT 2:26 AM
JUDOJOE
The hole thing fuel pump and sending unit
Sunday, May 27th, 2012 AT 2:29 PM

Sponsored links