REVVING ENGINE WHEN STOPPED

1993 Ford Explorer

vonie

October, 15, 2012 AT 5:08 AM

I got my car fixed a few days ago for a coolant leak they did something to do with the gaskets. Now my car has been revving and jumping and the rpm's meter is going up and down and sometimes shakes the whole car. It does this thing at stops or when im slowing down but when im accelerating it myself it runs ok. What could cause this?

saturntech9

October, 15, 2012 AT 5:12 AM

A vacuum leak could have you taken it back to where it was fixed yet?

vonie

October, 15, 2012 AT 5:38 AM

No not yet. A friend of the family, who worked on it alongside others at the shop, took a look at it and said its the battery cable thing but it seemed like he only said that because he was complaining about how much work it would be to take out all the other stuff to look at the gasket (which my dad, a mechanic, said it might be). He wanted me to buy the battery head and he would replace it, but both of them are fairly new. I dont think thats the real problem. I dont want to keep spending money on guesses. But Im planning on taking it back tomorrow to the shop owner and have him look at it. Ill ask him to look at the vacuum. Thank you so much.

saturntech9

October, 15, 2012 AT 5:50 AM

Your welcome I would check it for a vacuum leak. If they have a vacuum leak have them smoke test it. Let me know what they find.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars