COULD YOU PLEASE ANSWER MY ? ABOUT MY TRANSMISSION

1993 Ford Escort

tylertrippymanebell

September, 12, 2012 AT 11:27 PM

Hello I have a 93 ford escort AT 1.9L one day I was coming home from work and everytime I would take off the engine would rev up but it wouldnt switch gears it kept doing that until I got home then I looked under the car while it was started and I noticed that fluid was pouring out the transmission somebody told me it was the front seal so I took it to one of my family members who works on cars and I bought the seal and he replaced it for me and he told me it was still pouring out fluid after he replaced the seal hes very experienced with cars but I thought I should ask somebody else to what do you think it is? And what would I have to buy or replace?

hmac300

September, 13, 2012 AT 12:12 AM

Probably the bushing in the oil pump has spun or is worn out completely the trans will have to be torn down and taken apart. Probably a rebuild. Have a trans guy look at it for sure.

Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions
Automatic Transmission Service
Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement