A/C ISSUES

• chadallen1979
  • 1993 Dodge Dakota

Hi. I just got a 1993 dodge dakota sport-3.9. A/c is giving me issues. It kicks on, and the compressor works. I have put 32 oz freon into it. It won't get down past 77. Any ideas?

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 5:49 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Did you evacuate out vacuum the system?

What are the high and low side pressures?

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 5:51 PM
  • chadallen1979

The person I bought it from said it was empty. HE had the compressor replaced last year. I took out the retro fit, and let out all the air. Then replaced it and filled.(If this is the low port, it reads 35 lbs on the gauge.) I don't have the tools to read the high side. It has, however gotten cooler since I added freon, just not cold. The "rail" that comes off of the compressor is also cold to the touch.
Thank you for your help - waiting for advice

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 6:15 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

We need pressres to help you here. Could be bad dryer, bad h valve or expansion vale, overchraged or under charges.

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 6:53 PM
  • chadallen1979

Ty for your help. I will obtain proper tools to get the other reading for you. Might take a couple of days, as I am broke right now. But I will get back to you this week.
Thank you very much for your help!
Chad

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 7:01 PM