ENGINE LIGHT ON, NO CODES

• mike L
  • 1993 Dodge Caravan
  • 160 miles

Does the service light come on for a tune up reminder at 160,000 miles? I think it did the same thing at 100,000 miles. Then just turned off after a few months. I cleared the codes at Advance auto came back on. I have a state inspection due and I don't think it will pass if there's a trouble code?'

Friday, July 27th, 2012 AT 2:58 AM

• merlin2021

Turn the key from off to on three times. On the fourth leave on count the flashes of the light and post here 55 will be the last code.

Friday, July 27th, 2012 AT 10:00 AM
  • mike L

I don't get any flashes tried 4 times. Also, O'reilys parts store said there are no codes. If its a tune up light reminder how long will it stay on?

Monday, July 30th, 2012 AT 11:39 AM
  • KHLow2008

You must be referrinfg to the Maintenance Required Light. That is a reminder for servicing emission control components and you need to reset it with appropriate scan tools.

Monday, July 30th, 2012 AT 1:05 PM
  • mike L

I guess it's off to the dealership, to scan for trouble codes. My small town auto shops and auto parts stores can't find my trouble code. There MUST be a trouble code.

Monday, July 30th, 2012 AT 2:53 PM
  • KHLow2008

If it is the service reminder, you might not have any trouble codes. The reminder is mileage triggerred.

Monday, July 30th, 2012 AT 6:48 PM