STALLS THEN WILL RESTART AFTER IT SITS A FEW MINUTES

1993 Chrysler Concorde

robert_hky

August, 12, 2012 AT 4:54 PM

Have had a problem with this car stalling then it will restart after a few minutes until last week. Had towed to my house then it started right up. This problem has been going on and has been getting worse since we got it in Dec. When we first got it died twice on the interstate then restarted by its self while coasting. We had mechanic look it and he couldn't get the problem to happen again then it seemed to be alright for about a month then it came back again and has been getting worse

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

August, 12, 2012 AT 4:56 PM

Start will a fuel pressure test.

Either that or a crank sensor. You need someone with a scan tool to monitor the sensor.

robert_hky

August, 14, 2012 AT 11:44 PM

Ok just got another piece of info that my son didn't tell me. The cruise control light comes on when this happens. Usually he can shut the cruise off then it will restart. Changed the crank sensor over the week end since this easy to get to, haven't had a chance to drive it and see if this changed any thing