INSTREM CLUSTER DEAD AND HEATER WONT TURN OFF HOE DO I FIX

1993 Chrysler Concorde

Bliner

June, 11, 2012 AT 1:11 AM

I have a 93 Chrysler Concord and all the instrument cluster stopped working and the heater won't turn off. One time the problem went away but the next time I started my car the problem came back and has not gone away since. How do I trouble shoot and find the problem
.

June, 11, 2012 AT 1:19 AM

You need to see if there is power to the cluster when it is not lit up.

As far as the heater, the blower resistor may be the culprit but you need to disconnect it when the issue is happening to see if it turns off the system.

gsmichael

December, 16, 2012 AT 1:11 AM

Had the same problem with the heater coming on at full heat which is a bit unsettling when you consider that the water is not hot yet. I pulled the heater module and took it down to the circut board and where the socket for the white plug goes there were 7 out of eight cold solders on the board. After resoldering the socket wires to the board and resoldering 1 on the 5 prong relay for the rear defroster. The bad solders are fairly evedent and after resoldering the heater worked great.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement