CAR STARTS WHEN ENGINE IS COLD AND RUNS WELL

1993 Chevrolet Corvette

r_hanlon@yahoo.com

Car starts when engine is cold and runs well. But after engine is normal temperature and turn engine off and try to restart, it usually starts and dies or does not start at all. After a few hours it starts normal again.

Jacobandnickolas

Whe the problem happens, check the vehicle's fuel pressure to the engine. You may have a weak pump. Also, check to make sure you are getting a good hot blue snapping spark to the plugs.

r_hanlon@yahoo.com

I do not believe this to be a spark problem. I replace the weak battery, the primary coil, the fuel filter and EGR vacuum valve. A mechanic thought it to be either a fuel pump or electrical connection to the pump.
I have had this problem for over 6 weeks with it rarely occuring to now happening ever time.

I am questioning it be be the fuel regulator valve or the pump. I do not have a way to test the pressure. What should I do?

r_hanlon@yahoo.com

I have n ot received a detailed answer to my question regarding 1993 corvette not starting after it warms up?

cadieman

'I have seen a bad starter caused this. The Armature in the starter gets overheated causing it to draw a lot of voltage.

Jacobandnickolas

January, 22, 2013 AT 3:55 AM

You need to check fuel pump pressure. Most parts stores will lend you a gauge. There are detailed directions and a video on our home page under the DIY section for doing it. Check it out and let me know.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe