GOOD MORNING I HAVE A 1993 CHEVY C1500 CHEYENNE ...

1993 Chevrolet Cheyenne

Anonymous

Good Morning,
I have a 1993 Chevy C1500 Cheyenne 4.3l Automatic.
I was driving to work one day last week, and I had my heater on.
I switched the blower onto high mode & I heard a "Pop" come from the dash area.
Instantly, the whole display, except for the illumination for the controls, went out.
Now, No Heat at all.
I checked all fuses, replaced relays, still nothing.
I removed the control unit from the dash, went to a local salvage yard, got another unit that I installed, still nothing.
So, I proceeded to disassemble the original unit, could not find anything on the circuit board burnt.
I went further into the unit, removed the front circuit board from the face of the housing.
There I discovered that there is a "Black" or "Burnt Spot" in the upper right hand corner of the display glass.
My question to you guys is, can this be the reason for my heat issue?
I have since picked up 2 more units, same results. Nothing! I took those units apart & they all have the same spot in that upper right hand corner.
Is this common? I am having a hard time believing that all of these units are bad in the same spot?
Can you give me any input? Or is this a common problem? May there be something I am overlooking?
Sincerely,
Jim DeHaven

No Heat

Are you saying the blower motor doesn't work? If so, check voltage and ground at the blower motor wiring circuit. Does the blower motor work on ac?

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Replace Heater Core
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911