I have a 1993 Skylark with the 3.3 liter v6. On Saturday, I replaced the spark plugs, air filter & spark plug cables as the old ones were arcing in places.
The car ran good except it over heated. Not quite into the red but enough to make the reservoir boil over when I took off the cap. Got that fixed by replacing the thermostat (195F), flushing the radiator & replacing the water heater.
I fixed a small vacuum hose that had collapsed & dry rotted that leads to a solenoid at the front drivers side. The car ran fine Sunday night & Monday morning.
Monday afternoon the car starts running really rough & you could smell how rich it was running. There is very little power & it is using a huge amount of gas as compared to before. I found another set of vacuum hoses that were breaking down. These had a larger hose that ran from a pipe that the solenoid connects to & a check valve at the other end that leads to a smaller hose. I replaced them & nothing. I also found a hose for the gas vapor canister that was off & connected it back up. Again no change.
I disconnected the O2 sensor but the check engine light never came on. I also tried disconnecting other sensors & no check engine light. This leads me to thinking it could be the computer module.
Any other thoughts would be appreciated.
have the same problem?
Thursday, May 19th, 2011 AT 4:04 AM