Car was cutting off while driving

DENISEPATTERSON928
  • 1993 BUICK REGAL

Car was cutting off while driving. I cleaned screen that stops stuff from going n moter. A few days ago it cut off 3-4 times again but started back up after. Had to use ether before a few times. Know it hardly runs replaced fuel filter, not much better, sputtering, backfire n moter rough idle. Plz help

Monday, January 28th, 2013 AT 4:11 AM

EYEBALLSDEEP

Mass air flow sensor. That's all I need to say. Get one from a wrecker or buy one from gm, you might be able to clean it with break cleaner. You have nothing to lose. But that sounds to me like a maf sensor. My 3.8 intrigue did the exact same thing. It didn't even throw a code, if I remember correctly. I just figured it might have been some oil from the k&n air filter that got on the sensor. But yah that's what it was. If that's not what it is then look at the fuel pressure regulator. But I'm 80% sure.

Monday, January 28th, 2013 AT 4:35 AM
ASEMASTER6371

I would also start with fuel pressure check. Low fuel pressure will cause this condition as well as the mass air flow

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Monday, January 28th, 2013 AT 11:41 AM
DENISEPATTERSON928

Thank u! I if I click on the repair manual will it give me location and description of MAF sensor& how to do pressure check?

Monday, January 28th, 2013 AT 1:08 PM
EYEBALLSDEEP

You need a fuel pressure gauge, there is a shrader valve on the fuel rail that looks like a tire valve stem, thats the only way to check should be any where from 40 - 55 psi at the rail. Check the vacume line coming out of the regulator if its damaged or collapsed aswell.

Monday, January 28th, 2013 AT 2:56 PM