MY CAR WAS RUNNING WELL AS USUAL WHEN JUST ...

1993 BMW 318

sarahjordan

November, 14, 2012 AT 6:57 PM

My car was running well as usual when just coming off the motorway it started to jerk as though i'd changed gear from 5th to 2nd, it jilted a little then completely cut out, on the 2nd time starting the engine it fired up and was fine for a couple of minutes then stopped and I could not get it going again, it had been raining really heavy for about 30mins. I had the car recovered and brought back home, as soon as it got back it started straight away, then when I took it out it ran fine for about 4 minutes and then did the same thing, started to jerk for a minute then cut off, but the steering wheel goes really tight and its almost impossible to turn it. It seems to run for a few minutes then stops. The annoying thing is it was only had its MOT on June 15th, a few people have suggested it might be the electrics, but i've got 2 young children that were with me when it broke down and its really concerning me. Thanks

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Dr. Hagerty

November, 16, 2012 AT 7:51 PM

I would be pressed to respond to your question without all the facts at hand, therefore I recommend visiting your BMW service provider and let them investigate this troubling issue straightaway.

sarahjordan

November, 18, 2012 AT 12:03 PM

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to reply, it's much appreciated.

Dr. Hagerty

December, 7, 2012 AT 3:17 AM

All is well and you are welcome