MY CAR WAS RUNNING WELL AS USUAL WHEN JUST ...

• sarahjordan
  • 1993 BMW 318

My car was running well as usual when just coming off the motorway it started to jerk as though i'd changed gear from 5th to 2nd, it jilted a little then completely cut out, on the 2nd time starting the engine it fired up and was fine for a couple of minutes then stopped and I could not get it going again, it had been raining really heavy for about 30mins. I had the car recovered and brought back home, as soon as it got back it started straight away, then when I took it out it ran fine for about 4 minutes and then did the same thing, started to jerk for a minute then cut off, but the steering wheel goes really tight and its almost impossible to turn it. It seems to run for a few minutes then stops. The annoying thing is it was only had its MOT on June 15th, a few people have suggested it might be the electrics, but i've got 2 young children that were with me when it broke down and its really concerning me. Thanks

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 AT 6:57 PM

• Dr. Hagerty

I would be pressed to respond to your question without all the facts at hand, therefore I recommend visiting your BMW service provider and let them investigate this troubling issue straightaway.

Friday, November 16th, 2012 AT 7:51 PM
  • sarahjordan

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to reply, it's much appreciated.

Sunday, November 18th, 2012 AT 12:03 PM
  • Dr. Hagerty

All is well and you are welcome

Friday, December 7th, 2012 AT 3:17 AM