93 F-150 ENGINE STALLS - KOER CODE 311

1993 All Other Makes

roargan

October, 27, 2006 AT 4:44 PM

My f-150 has 150000 miles and recently started stalling when first started it acts flooded untill I rev it up hard then comes out of it. Some days it will stall at every stop then run fine for up to a week. I ran the codes and 311 air system not functioning came up.
the air pump was noisy so I replaced it. The problem hasen't changed and the code is still there. Could it be the air bypass valve and would this cause the stalling?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Steve in Tennessee

January, 14, 2012 AT 12:59 AM

Did you ever resolve your code 311 issue? I have the same code and am looking for clues.
Thanks,
Steve (steve@soozfa. Net)

January, 14, 2012 AT 5:10 AM

I'M OT REL UP ON THESE COMPUTER RUN CARS

I DID LOCATE THE CODE MEANING: AIR system not working - Single, Right or Rear HO2S - Air Injection

DOES THIS HELP YOU ANY?

Steve in Tennessee

Thanks for the reply. Just wondering if you ever resolved the code? I'm beginning to believe the emission system is a boat anchor after a few years and does not contribute to performance with the exception of smog emission.