IN LINE FUEL PUMP FUSE HAS BLOWN NO POWER TO FUEL PUMP

1993 Acura Legend

dedrednek

I have replaced all fuel pump components to include the PGM-FI relay, fuel pump, all filters, and fuses, last time I had this problem I took it too a mechanic who said he replaced a fuse under the dash somewhere near the steering column and it fired right up if anyone could help me I would appreciate it.

mhpautos

You will have to check the pump power supply wire for a short to earth, do you have the knowledge and equipment to do this?

When you turn key to run-do you hear the fuel pump come on?

dedrednek

January, 30, 2012 AT 12:00 AM

Yes I do have what I need to trace the problem thru the wiring only problem is the dead end is larger than it should be and no there is no noise when I turn the key because there is no power making it past my dashboard

dedrednek

January, 30, 2012 AT 12:02 AM

Everything else on the car works it has just been sitting for about a year while I was deployed to afganistan so my electrical is now pretty questionable

January, 30, 2012 AT 12:05 AM

Get a starting fluid ans spray into the throttle body make sure the butterfly is open when you spray attempt to start car-What happened?

dedrednek

January, 30, 2012 AT 12:07 AM

The car starts when I apply starting fluid aka gasoline from a vapor sprayer without help the car just sits and chugs but will not start

January, 30, 2012 AT 12:15 AM

Are the injectors pulsing

dedrednek

January, 30, 2012 AT 12:20 AM

The problem lies in the fuel pump or wiring if you remove the fuel line from the fuel filter before it gets to the fuel rail there is no pressure or fuel making it to that point when you turn the key with your ear to the pump there is no sound the dead spot in the wiring starts under the dash which with the past solution of this problem suggests there is fuse I do not know about im sorry if this seems rude but I have been in automotive for 18 years now but this is my first import rebuild I have checked everything I know and the mechanic that helped me before replaced a fuse and it started immediately I am only looking for the placement of all the fuses for the fuel pump and relays so I may check them I feel I am missing one somewhere on my wiring diagram

January, 30, 2012 AT 12:54 AM

Check all the fuses on the bottom right corner in the dash fuse block-see below

ramonmendez

November, 24, 2012 AT 8:24 PM

I want to replce the fuel pump and theres two round things one has a wight sqare with two sircols what is that and are they supose to be black?

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test