POPPING NOISE, TRANSMISSION LEAKED ALL FLUID.

1993 Acura Integra

mohjer

July, 17, 2012 AT 2:38 PM

I have an automatic transmission. I was driving when there was a popping noise coming from the front of the car. The car then started to have the rpms go very high and not shift gears. I parked about 2 minutes later when I got to work. I came back to the car about 5 hours later and there was a lot of transmission fluid all over the ground. The engine is running fine and the shifter moves freely, but the transmission will not shift into any gear other than park. It was at night and I couldn't see where the leak is coming from and I haven't been back to the car yet. I don't know a lot about cars, but I'm guessing that it will not go into gear because there is no transmission fluid, and the problem is the leak I have. The car isn't worth doing any major repairs on, so if it is a minor repair I can do myself, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

July, 17, 2012 AT 2:44 PM

It may be a cooler hose that broke. You need to look under the hood for a ruptured line. Replace as needed. Simple repair. Add about 3 qts to start and check fluid and add to fill.

mohjer

July, 17, 2012 AT 3:02 PM

Fantastic! I am going to check it right now! Thanks so much!

mohjer

July, 17, 2012 AT 5:03 PM

This may seem like an obvious question but where would I find this hose. I see the dipstick for the transmission fluid, but I don't think I see the correct hose. Would it be on top when I open the hood or will I need to jack the car up to see from underneath? Also is it a single hose or a pair that I am looking for? Thanks.

July, 17, 2012 AT 5:09 PM

There are 2 hoses on the passenger side from the lower part of the radiator to the trans.