HOW DO I CHANGEREPLACE THE VBELT? I DONT KNOW ...

1992 Volkswagen Jetta

Anonymous

November, 9, 2012 AT 2:32 AM

How do I change/replace the v-belt? I dont know how to take it off. I need to replace all three accessary belts.

Wiring Issue?

exovcds

November, 10, 2012 AT 8:52 PM

Hi,

I assume you are talking about Alternator, Power Steering and A/C belts?

The Alternator & P/S Belts are the easy ones to remove... however, to remove the Alternator belt, you have to remove the A/C Belt.

Here is a video I made on how to remove the P/S/Water pump belt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNEP753N8ek

I do not yet have videos of the other belts... but will add that to my video library when I have a chance to record those.

The Alternator is secured via a 13mm bolt at the top and a 6mm allen at the bottom pivot.

The A/C is secured via 8mm allen pivot bolts at the engine side and 13mm nuts at the front.... at the same place as the front 13mm nuts, you will find
an "adjustment" bolt which is also 13mm (on the pulley side of the compressor). Once the 8mm bolts & 13mm nuts are loose, you need to turn the
adjustment bolt out / counterclockwise to create slack in the belt.

If the bolt raises, but does not create slack, push down on the compressor... it might just be stuck / stiff to move.

This whole process is not easy to explain / understand in writing / over the internet.... for a "First Timer", it would be best to be able to see what is needed
to be done.

Good luck!

Thomas

Oil Change and Filter Replacement Toyota
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes Benz
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Cruze
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford