I HAVE A 92 PONTIAC LEMANS WITH 78555 ORIGINAL ...

1992 Pontiac Lemans

alicianjaron

May, 29, 2007 AT 9:20 PM

I have a 92 pontiac lemans with 78,555 original miles on it. It has a 4 cyl. Emgine with an automatic transmission. This car sat undriven for about 2 years and we are trying to get it running again. It has had oil, plugs, distributer cap and roter, and all filters changed. Also the gas tank was drained and refilled. The car is very sluggish to start and has to be primed for ten minutes to start once the motor is allowed to cool. Also the engine overheats with plenty of coolant in it, and the car runs as if it is out of gas even though it has a full tank, and also the feul guage is not working at all. What could the problem be and what could the solutions be?

Fuel Gauge Not Working

Fuel Gauge Doesn't Work

NEwDriver08

March, 27, 2008 AT 7:30 AM

Im in the same exact situation, my car has a little over 80000 miles on it and its been sitting in the driveway for about 2 years, have you figured out what any of the problems for your car has been

curtisbobbie

Have you still got the Lemans'?

Jacobandnickolas

January, 30, 2012 AT 12:45 AM

When it runs, is there any smoke from the exhaust?

greggeshelman

September, 17, 2012 AT 9:48 PM

Fill the tank with pure gasoline, no ethanol. My sister has one of these cars and it won't start on E10 without using starting fluid, even in winter, and it runs terribly.

Put pure, no ethanol fuel in it and it runs great and gets much better MPG.

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon