CAR WON'T START

1992 Plymouth Voyager

joey fitzgerald

September, 24, 2012 AT 5:58 PM

Hi, ihave a 1992 plmyouth grand voyager le 3.3 lit.I have gone thru most of you guys questions and answers in your list to find a answer to my problem. The ingition when key is turned to start position will not turn engine over. When I install a jumper wire from the ground to the terminals 85 or 86 on starter, fuel pump, and asd relays the motor will turn over like it should. I have 12v at coil when I first turn it on and in the start postion. But it will not start up. I have installed a new fuel pump, coil, camshaft sensor, crank sensor and timming chain. And it will not start up and run. Is there a ground wire i'm missing because the relays will operate with the ground wire hooked up like this?What am I over looking, or not doing right. Thanks for all the guidenceyou can give.

September, 24, 2012 AT 6:07 PM

The computer grounds those relays. Did you check to see if the wire is broken up to the computer?

joey fitzgerald

September, 24, 2012 AT 6:37 PM

I traced them you have a ground to the block, one to the frame below the batt. And one that splits in the harrness to the relays on the firewall andsplits into 2 other wires and they all seem to be ok by an ohms test.

joey fitzgerald

September, 24, 2012 AT 7:09 PM

What wire or wires feeds 12v to the computer from the ing. Switch?And wich ones are the grnd or grnds to the fuel pump, asd, start, relaysand coil?

caradiodoc

September, 24, 2012 AT 7:19 PM

Sounds like you have a simple defective neutral safety switch. If you're providing ground for the starter relay coil, and it cranks from the ignition switch, you're doing what the neutral safety switch is supposed to do.

joey fitzgerald

September, 24, 2012 AT 7:46 PM

Thanks i'll give it a test and pray thats it I slowly going crazy over this

caradiodoc

September, 25, 2012 AT 4:30 AM

Can't let you go crazy. That only happens to professionals. If necessary we can guide you through testing the four parts of the circuit to see which one has the problem right from the starter relay socket.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang