TAIL LIGHT PROBLEMS

• dmattox49
  • 1992 Oldsmobile 442
  • automatic

I have a 92 olds cutlass supreme and when I turned on my tail lights it blew a fuse. I replaced the bulbs and they worked for a couple of weeks. Now it is blowing them all he time. I checked the wires ad replaced the sockets and it is still doing it. How can I fix this?

Friday, March 11th, 2011 AT 2:06 AM

• caradiodoc

Check the license lamp too. A trick to save on fuses is to plug in a pair of spade terminals and use two jumper wires to connect a 12 volt light bulb in place of the fuse. The bulb will be full brightness when the short is present and go out when you unplug or move something to remove the short. A brake light bulb works well. When it gets about half brightness you just removed the short.

Friday, March 11th, 2011 AT 2:19 AM
  • rasmataz

Old timer secrets being shared-

Friday, March 11th, 2011 AT 2:35 AM
  • caradiodoc

Who you callin' old timer? I'm only, ... Hey, wait a minute. And I'm about to have another birthday. What happened, and who's responsible for this?

Friday, March 11th, 2011 AT 3:25 AM