Car wont start

JOSHUAHELMS
  • 1992 NISSAN SENTRA
I have a 92 sentra that wont start all the fuses are good the starter and alternator is good and the battery is good the relays seem fine but the car wont turn over but I let it sit for about 2 weeks and it started but when I parked it it wouldnt start again any tips cause I am at my wits end over this car any help would be awesome
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011 AT 8:25 PM

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011 AT 10:07 PM
JOSHUAHELMS
Still wont start could it be the starter selinoid
Thursday, July 28th, 2011 AT 9:20 PM
What is it doing, cranking over and will not start or just won't crank over at all/nothing when key is turn to cranking position?
+1
Thursday, July 28th, 2011 AT 10:38 PM
JOSHUAHELMS
Nothing when I turn the key the relays click thats all
+2
Friday, July 29th, 2011 AT 11:48 AM
Try engaging the starter motor solenoid and see if it cranks the engine over-Double check the battery condition and connections
Friday, July 29th, 2011 AT 8:05 PM
JOSHUAHELMS
It started with the key but die after I let it run for about 10 or so minutes and wont crank again
Saturday, July 30th, 2011 AT 3:27 PM
Check the ignition switch
Saturday, July 30th, 2011 AT 8:23 PM
And also the starter motor-make sure battery and connections are cleaned and tight
Saturday, July 30th, 2011 AT 8:25 PM
JOSHUAHELMS
How can I test the ignition switch
+2
Sunday, July 31st, 2011 AT 11:45 AM