WINDSHIELD WASHER RESEVOIR - VACUUM

1992 Nissan 300ZX

SULLYZ300

November, 28, 2011 AT 9:46 PM

The windshiel washer resevoir inthe rear deck lid, drivers side of my 92 300 zx 2 door / Non turbo has been " hissing" for about 2 weeks. So I filled it with fluid and the system still does not spit wash to my windshield, though the light on the dash went out. PROBLEM - after running the car for 2 minutes I heard a KNOCK, like someone knocking bowling balls together (just one knock) and I immediately shut off my engine. Under the left side of the intake manifold ( right where the are is brought into the top of the cylinders ) in the engine compartment I now see blue water drops coming from what seems to be outta nowhere? Any ideas before I attempt to start the car again? The engine had been swapped out about 2 years ago and I think a vacuum has sucked the wash fluid to the wrong spot. Thanks -Sean

hmac300

November, 28, 2011 AT 9:56 PM

Ya it probably has just disconnect it from the source to stop it and plug it for now. I'm sending the only vacuum diagram we have for this car.

SULLYZ300

November, 28, 2011 AT 10:20 PM

Wow, that was quick. Thank you. I still (after 2 hours)have a small drip coming from inside / out near the #9 throttle chamber. Its almost like as if a gasket had failed. It looks like the wash fluid had been sucked into the intake manifold or injectors because I heard a KNOCK. What should I do? I have no wash fluid container or motor in this car. I think the previous owner took it out though the fluid is coming all the way from the rear forward. Ill send another pic of the drip tomorrow. Thanks a million - Sean (NJ)

hmac300

November, 28, 2011 AT 11:23 PM

Like I said disconnect the hose and put a rubber plug where it was. The ws fluid wont hurt anything.

SULLYZ300

November, 28, 2011 AT 11:47 PM

Thats the thing.I dont have any noticabel tubes dripping water? Its the equivelant of a blown headgasket and oil dripping out the side. But I have blue drops of wash fluid dripping out of the manifold seal that encloses the chamber for air and fuel mix ( I think thats the term ) and it still drips through the manifold seal - like it is preasurized with the car not running. I have no clue where or how the wash fluid found its way to the manifold. If I could find a tube dripping I would plug it but I have no obvious signs other than the manifold seal under the left side chamber (fuel injection area) Wash fluid is inside and being fed somewhere off a vacuum like an IV drip. I fear starting the car if water has gotten inside that area as it will get sucked into the cylynders. - Thank you ** Pic attached.
Sean 818-571-7782

hmac300

November, 28, 2011 AT 11:49 PM

It could be antifreeze instead of wash fluid. If you fear it then have a pro check itout for you to find out what it is.

SULLYZ300

November, 29, 2011 AT 12:07 AM

Im sure its wash fluid. Lost. No clue hwo it somehow got there. Afraid to start it. Ill look into it tomorrow and see what I can connect and disconnect. Sean

hmac300

November, 29, 2011 AT 12:11 AM

If it's definitely wash fluid then there has to be a hose or tank someplcae where this iscoming from. Follow all the lines especially ones that runoff the engine to firewall or around the firewall.

SULLYZ300

November, 29, 2011 AT 12:15 AM

Really, thanks a million for the quick responses, what should I do about any wash fluid that has made it into the injection manifold?

hmac300

November, 29, 2011 AT 12:15 AM

Nothing just run it

SULLYZ300

November, 29, 2011 AT 12:28 AM

Is that why I heard the KNOCK early today before I shut the car off? Misfire and knock due to the water in the chamber? Should I expect to hear it again when I start up after some troubleshooting?

Windshield Washer Reservoir Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tundra
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Prius
Windshield Wiper Replacement Toyota Corolla