WONT ACCELERATE PASSED 70-75 MPH

1992 Mercedes Benz 190e

The Muffler Man

February, 17, 2012 AT 7:08 AM

And if I put it to the floor it starts to bog-out. Also, my dist. Rotor sits passed #1 cyl. Halfway to the next.

Compression good, new fuel filter, plugs, cap n rotor, fuel press. Good. I also adj. My air/fuel mixture and now it idles high. Start-ups fine idles great just too high and no misfires. PLEASE HELP THK YOU.

February, 17, 2012 AT 8:57 AM

You probably have to disconnect something before you adjust the idle speed-the idle speed should be controlled by the computer-also look for a vacuum leak

The Muffler Man

May, 5, 2012 AT 9:38 AM

Now it won't accelerate passed 35-45 mph, it also has hard starting when it's cold and I checked my manifold vaccum pressure and it fluctuates at idle and during acceleration, (vibrates).

massimo

May, 10, 2012 AT 2:45 AM

YOU PROBABILITY HAVE A CLOGGED CAT Y SEE THIS BEFORE ALSO CHECK FUEL PRESSURE AND MAKE SURE THAT THE RETURN LINE IS FREE GOOD LUCK AND ALSO IF IS THE ONE WITH TWO FUEL PUMP MAKE SURE ARE BOTH RUNNING

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Filter Change