WON'T TURN ON

• yannicrisantos
  • 1992 Mazda Protege
  • 1,870,000 miles

I was going to the freeway about 70mph with the car made a quick brake after that brake were locked and after I use the handle brake I try to turn it on it din't start.

Monday, July 9th, 2012 AT 2:05 PM

• hmac300

Scan for codes, check fuel pressure and have battery/starter checked. It could be something serious.

Monday, July 9th, 2012 AT 2:24 PM
  • yannicrisantos

I am thinking one of does things but what could cause the brakes to fail?

Monday, July 9th, 2012 AT 2:26 PM
  • hmac300

You really havne' tgiven a good question on the brakes if they locked up once? It can be a multitude of things, bad hoses, abs unit etc.

Monday, July 9th, 2012 AT 2:27 PM
  • yannicrisantos

They never locked before but this is what really happen I was driving about 70mph and the car slow down and turn off and I try to pull over to brake, the brakes were really hard and would not brake, when I stop the car I try to turn it on the car sounded that it wanted to turn on but it didn't hope this help a little more.

Monday, July 9th, 2012 AT 2:30 PM
  • hmac300

The brakes were hard topush because your engine quit running an dyou had no boost for them. You really need to get eht battery/starter checked. Most auto parts stores will check a battery for free but you should charge it first. Also get your charging system checked.

Monday, July 9th, 2012 AT 2:32 PM
  • yannicrisantos

I will have it check I don't think is the battery because it is a new battery, it might be the starter I never replace that before.

Monday, July 9th, 2012 AT 2:35 PM