DEFROST AND HEATER NOT BLOWING

1992 Lexus SC 300

jpcada55

December, 16, 2011 AT 7:33 AM

I have a Lexus sc300 and the heater/def. Stopped working. A charger came apart in the cig. Lighter and possibly shorted something. I have changed three fuses inside by the driver door panel, also the main relay in the engine bay and still dead, ideas? Not many replaced everything I found referring to heat/def/ac, still no life?

rivermikerat

December, 16, 2011 AT 7:38 AM

Does the blower motor come on? Can you hear the blend doors in the airbox opening and closing when you adjust the temperature or move the selector to change from vent to heat to defrost?

jpcada55

December, 16, 2011 AT 8:00 AM

No Cannot hear any parts or blower movement, seems like that whole package is dead including mirror and rear window defrost, all dead?

rivermikerat

December, 29, 2011 AT 7:54 PM

I apologize about the delay in getting back to you, the system failed to notify me of your response.

Check the defogger relay in the main relay block under the hood for power in and out and switching power. It'll be labeled.

Make sure the blower motor ground wire is plugged in and not broken. Make sure the fuses are all good. Check the blower motor resistor.

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe