SPORT WON'T ALWAYS START

1992 Jeep Cherokee

RoyAtwood

December, 17, 2010 AT 7:58 PM

I have a 1992 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 4wd, 6 cyl, 4.0 liter, it will start sometimes. And sometimes won't start.I have a new starter, I checked the battery and battery cables and cleaned and tightened them, I also checked the ground wire. It's ok too. When the jeeps cold it seems to start. It's after I have run the jeep for a few minutes and turn it off and then try and turn it back on is when it won't start. Any suggestions?

Jacobandnickolas

December, 20, 2010 AT 10:51 PM

When you say it won't start, do you mean the starter isn't working of the engine cranks but won't start?

If it is a starter issue, let me know if you have tilt wheel and let me know if it will start in neutral when this happens.

RoyAtwood

December, 21, 2010 AT 12:14 AM

I replaced the starter and got a new battery, however, after I have run the jeep for 5 to 10 minutes and shut it off, it sometimes won't start. If I put it in neutral it sometimes will start. It starts ok in the morning when it's cold. No problem. It's only when I stop after running a while, that it sometimes won't start. Coudl it be a switch problem? Thanks

Jacobandnickolas

December, 21, 2010 AT 2:03 PM

When it doesn't start, does the starter work?

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test