CHANGING THE TRACK BAR AND HAD TO CUT THE BOLTS ...

1992 Jeep Cherokee

daviddegraffenreed

March, 9, 2013 AT 5:13 PM

Changing the track bar, and had to cut the bolts, both for the frame mount, and @ the axle mount. I've got the track bar out, but the bolt at the frame mount, wont push up and out of the bracket. Is there a trick to this that I haven't thought of?

hmac300

March, 9, 2013 AT 9:13 PM

Removal & Installation

1. Raise and support vehicle. Remove cotter pin (if used) and nut at frame rail bracket. Remove track bar to axle housing bracke
2. On all models except Wrangler, track bar is fastened to frame bracket with a tapered rod end, similar to a tie rod. Use of a pu
free track bar from bracket. Remove track bar. To install, reverse removal procedure.

daviddegraffenreed

March, 9, 2013 AT 10:53 PM

As I said, I cut it loose, so the bottom of the bolt shaft is flush with the bracket. I've tried pressing it out with a clamp, but that's not working

hmac300

March, 9, 2013 AT 11:29 PM

If it's a bolt it unscrews

daviddegraffenreed

March, 9, 2013 AT 11:35 PM

It's says "(expert)" above. I highly doubt it. I'm glad I didn't pay for this service. Do you have any idea what a track bar is, and how it mounts to the frame? I'm doubting it. Thanks for making me a little more pessimistic about the condition of humans as a productive and crucial part of earth's survival.

hmac300

March, 9, 2013 AT 11:39 PM

Lok it if it's a bolt that you cut off flush with theframe then it will have to be unscrewed or drilled out and yes I know what a track bar is. You try to pressitout all youwant but it has a nut connected to it inside the frame so you only option is to get adrill out theneither put a new nut in the frame welded or hold it with a wrench. But you'll porbably have to cut a hole in theframe to get the new one in. Thanks for using 2 carpros

daviddegraffenreed

March, 9, 2013 AT 11:44 PM

Thanks anyway. I'll consult a real mechanic.

caradiodoc

March, 9, 2013 AT 11:44 PM

Can you post a photo of the offending part? I've replaced a lot of track bars on Dodge trucks, but it sounds like you have something different on one end than what is listed in hmac300's instructions.

Engine Mount Replacement Chevrolet Cavalier
Engine Torque Mount Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Windshield Wiper Replacement Kia Sportage
DRL Light Bulb Replacement