PULLEY STARTED TO FALL OFF OF HARMONIC BALANCER. DOES IT NEED TO BE REPLACED?

1992 Honda Accord

richardrisley

September, 30, 2012 AT 4:44 PM

My research still has me confused. If the rubber "seal" is supposed to attach the pulley/balancer, then I need a new balancer. I want to be sure this is the case. It is in two peices. The rubber part with pulley is separated from the engine. The pulley started to fall off. Then did fall off when I removed the belt.
New balancer?
Rich

saturntech9

September, 30, 2012 AT 5:10 PM

Did any bolts come loose.

saturntech9

September, 30, 2012 AT 5:15 PM

So the outter pulley has seperated from the center of thepulley where its held on by the crank bolt?

richardrisley

September, 30, 2012 AT 5:16 PM

Theres only the one bolt that connects to the crankshaft right? No it is not loose. My followup question would be, we have had squealing, I thought it was old belt but now wonder if that could have been the rubber seal?

richardrisley

September, 30, 2012 AT 5:20 PM

Yes the outer pulley has separated from the main part that is still attached to engine. Is it shot or is this supposed to be two peices? It may not make sense, but maybe this is held on by the pressure of the engine while it is running? Or does it need to be replaced alltogether?

September, 30, 2012 AT 5:42 PM

The pulley and harmonic damper comes as an assembly and you would need to replace the pulley.

saturntech9

September, 30, 2012 AT 8:43 PM

Yes it could have been the balancer squeaking www. Rockauto. Com has the balancer for 60 plus shipping.I have a discount code for them also if your intrested.

Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front
Step by Step Timing Chain Replacement Guide
Step by Step Timing Belt Replacement Guide
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe