ECM & TCM TROUBLE CODES AFTER ENGINE REBUILD

1992 Honda Accord

steveal01

October, 8, 2012 AT 1:48 AM

Started car after doing major work on car. Now ECM code 6 for coolant temp is now comming on and TCM code (i assume 10 becuase it's one long blink). I cannot find thie TCM code. Does anyone know what this means?

October, 8, 2012 AT 2:11 AM

Code 10 is the intake air temperature sensor, located on intake manifold.

For code 6, ensure the connector is plugged in correctly and not interchanged with the coolant fan switch.

October, 8, 2012 AT 2:14 AM

Sorry I mis read the TCM code. TCM code 10 is coolant temperature and if you rectify the Code 6 of engine, it would be resolved.

steveal01

October, 8, 2012 AT 2:40 AM

Thanks you. I looked again and discovered the cooloing fan and temp sensor were crossed. There are 3 plugs that are identical and fit each other AC fan kick in when a/c is engaged. So I swapped the other two, reset, and codes no longer pop up. Thanks for your help. I was getting frustrated after overhauling engine (1st time) in my garage by myself and with no cherry picker. Very stressfull but got it done and runs awsome. Now the breaking in period begins.

October, 8, 2012 AT 3:16 AM

Yup, have seen sensor connectors interchanged especially when the wireharness has lost some insulation tapes.

Glad to know you have the problem resolved.

Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Kia Rio
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet