Non starting Barina

ESMONDE
  • 1992 HOLDEN BARINA

Hi, I have a 94 holden barina that isnt starting. I noticed that the rotor wasnt turning whilst trying to start. Is this a problem that can only mean something nasty or is there a possible cause that may allow me to hold on to the old girl. Overall it has been running quite well. I hope you can be of some help.

Monday, July 25th, 2011 AT 2:05 PM

AUSERNAME123456

When you try to start it up, does it make any kind of sound? Does the starter make a good click hitting the flywheel?

Monday, July 25th, 2011 AT 2:56 PM
ESMONDE

The starter motor seems to be engaging ok, though it does sound a little different. We couldnt roll start it and the rotor button does not turn when trying to start. Could a starter motor problem cause these problems?

Monday, July 25th, 2011 AT 3:42 PM
AUSERNAME123456

Yes it could be the starter, but first check the battery cables to be sure they are getting a good connection. Disconnect the battery cables and clean them real good with a wire brush. Reconnect and tighten them real good.

Monday, July 25th, 2011 AT 5:46 PM
MHPAUTOS

Have you checked the timing belt?

Wednesday, July 27th, 2011 AT 11:52 AM