NON STARTING

1992 Holden Barina

esmonde

July, 25, 2011 AT 2:05 PM

Hi, I have a 94 holden barina that isnt starting. I noticed that the rotor wasnt turning whilst trying to start. Is this a problem that can only mean something nasty or is there a possible cause that may allow me to hold on to the old girl. Overall it has been running quite well. I hope you can be of some help.

ausername123456

July, 25, 2011 AT 2:56 PM

When you try to start it up, does it make any kind of sound? Does the starter make a good click hitting the flywheel?

esmonde

July, 25, 2011 AT 3:42 PM

The starter motor seems to be engaging ok, though it does sound a little different. We couldnt roll start it and the rotor button does not turn when trying to start. Could a starter motor problem cause these problems?

ausername123456

July, 25, 2011 AT 5:46 PM

Yes it could be the starter, but first check the battery cables to be sure they are getting a good connection. Disconnect the battery cables and clean them real good with a wire brush. Reconnect and tighten them real good.

mhpautos

July, 27, 2011 AT 11:52 AM

Have you checked the timing belt?

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement