Is it the carby

IVORHOLDEN
  • 1992 HOLDEN APOLLO

Car wouldn't start, thought it wa flooded, disconnected air cleaner, but after trying to start fuel started flooding into air cleaner tray. Opened choke and sprayed carby cleaner; tried again, got a puff of carby cleaner mist then engine started - smoke from exhaust was very thick and wouldn't stop. Turned it off; started it again later - idled good then fuel started flooding back into air cleaner tray. Meanwhile - low reading on oil dip stick prompted me to put more in. I had put some oil in a few days previous so thought low reading was strange. I decided to drain some oil out of sump and found a mixture of fuel and oil - lots of petrol. Is the carby causing problems or have I also got stuffed rings?

Monday, March 26th, 2012 AT 9:56 AM

Check the fuel pressure with a gauge -could be the carby leaking internally-You sure its not a fuel injected engine

Monday, March 26th, 2012 AT 4:42 PM