WILL JUST SIMPLY SHUT DOWN

1992 Ford Tempo

causality2

April, 24, 2012 AT 6:04 PM

My COLD AND HOT METER ON MY 1992 FORD TEMPO STOPPED FUNCTIONING BUT MY CAR IS RUNNING SMOOTHLY TIL I DRIVE IT LONG DISTANCE. THEN IT WILL JUST SIMPLY SHUT DOWN. WHAT DO I NEED TO REPLACE OR FIX?

I recently purchased this car and found it functioning quite well
up til recently when the Meter for the Cold / Hot function on the left side of the dashboard stopped functioning.A few days later when I drove the car it would shut down after I drove it for a long distance of about 60 miles or more. What should I replace or fix to get the Cold/Hot meter functioning again so the car won't shut off after I drive it a long distance?

If I leave the car to rest or cool off it will start right up again if I leave it or cool it off for an hour or two.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Jacobandnickolas

April, 24, 2012 AT 6:07 PM

Check or replace the temperature sending unit. Make sure it isn't truly overheating. If it is, the sending unit won't be the problem. Chances are it will be a thermostat or other issue.