1992 FORD RANGER CHANGING SPARK PLUGS

• Fordy douge
  • 1992 Ford Ranger

Changing spark plugs on ford ranger 6cilnder 3.0 and one broke and metal chunk went in do I have to pull the head or would a scope work any suggestions please pelp don't want to pull the head if I don't have to Thanks

Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 AT 9:25 PM

• caradiodoc

Find an old speaker or anything else you can break off a piece of magnet. Tie it to a piece of wire and feed it into the spark plug hole. You can also try a vacuum cleaner with a rubber hose connected that matches the hole. You may need to rotate the engine a little by hand until one of the valves is open so you can get some air flow.

Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 AT 9:47 PM
  • Fordy douge

What do you mean air flow if you open a valve and rotate motor I used magnet it with a magnet can't find it started it one time real quick and herd noise I herd a video scope could work would you use it and does it work thanks for the help

Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 AT 10:10 PM
  • caradiodoc

Vacuum cleaners need air flow to work. If both valves are closed there's no way to suck the metal piece out.

I never used a video camera, but all that would do is tell you there's something in the cylinder. You already know that.

You might try taping a small piece of magnet to a stick and poking that in there. That would give you more control than the wire I suggested.

Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 AT 10:22 PM
  • Fordy douge

Thanks a lot

Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 AT 10:51 PM