TIMING CHAIN REPLACEMENT KIT

1992 Ford F-150

mr tichota

August, 22, 2013 AT 9:31 PM

I haven't had any luck with finding a new timing chain kit with sprockets etc. For my 92 f150 it is it does hesitate to start sometimes and idles like its missing a little I got a set of motor craft factory gapped spark plugs from oreilly auto I'm going to try that first then gum out if that don't work then fuel filter and tune up I surely don't want to break the chain! And be in more of a rut its a perfect 4.8 in line 6 that don't burn oil. Smells like its maby running a little lean I don't trust aftermarket chains seeing as they don't have a good warrenty but my best luck might be jcwhitney and edelbrock one

August, 23, 2013 AT 12:24 PM

I JUST PUT A CLOYES "TRUE ROLLER" ON MY '77 JEEP CJ 5.258 INLINE 6 CYL

. YES, THAT PUPPY WAS CLOSE TO $150. WHEN A STANDARD TIMING SET WAS ABOUT $30

BUT WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT MADE!

I RECKON WITH A DOUBLE ROW OF ACTUAL BEARINGS IN THE CHAIN IT'S EZier TO TURN THE CAM

IT HAD A "ADVANCE"."RETARD". AND "STANDARD" GEAR PLACEMENT FOR CHANGING THE VALVE TIMING SLIGHTLY FOR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO RUN.I STUCK WITH THE "STANDARD"

I AM HAPPY I SPENT THE EXTRA CASH!

Step by Step Timing Chain Replacement Guide
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500